Violence occurs against men and ladies. So why is there a lot attention dedicated to women’s self defense? The reply is easy. Roughly 80-90% of all assaults by strangers are committed against women. Moreover, while not all domestic violence victims are against women, about 98% of them are.
It’s frightening to think that those numbers pertain to the U.S. Much more disconcerting is that in lots of other countries women aren’t treated even that well.
So where do women get attacked? Literally – in all places. City streets, college campuses, parking lots, within the workplace and at home. Women have develop into victims of their cars and of their hotel rooms. It seems that there isn’t any absolutely protected place for ladies to be.
So what’s a girl to do? Adopt a self-defense attitude and empower yourself to fight back!
The very best technique to ward against possible threats is to practice certain self-defense rules.
1.The primary, most significant tip is to at all times pay attention to your surroundings. Put down the cellular phone when you are out and about. No text, email or tweet is price risking your safety.
2. Use common sense. Avoid places and situation where crimes may occur. In other words, don’t ever walk down a dark alley by yourself at night. Leave that to the actresses in motion movies.
3. Learn several self defense techniques. In the event you cannot attend a category, then learn from a self defense training DVD. You’ll be able to do that from the comfort of your individual home on your individual schedule.
4. Pick a couple of moves that you simply are comfortable with. Practice them until they develop into second nature. In a crisis situation you’ll revert to your training.
5. Never ever get right into a automotive with a stranger. Don’t accept a ride from someone you do not know. In the event you are being threatened, make your stand where you might be at. Don’t ever get right into a automotive considering you’ll avoid harm. Likelihood is you will not ever be seen alive again..
6. Avoid looking or acting like a straightforward goal. Predators look for simple prey. Don’t give them what they’re searching for.
7. Pay attention to your posture. Walk with a purpose and in such a way that claims you might be confident. Make eye contact which lets a possible attacker know you aren’t afraid.
8. In the event you are being attacked do whatever you will have to do to guard yourself. Bite, kick, punch, scream, scratch, gouge and stomp!
9. Learn tips on how to use common objects to fight back. Rock, paper, scissors could also be a game, but in the fitting hands, any of those will be deadly. (well, possibly not a lot the paper, although I did see that utilized in a movie once!)
10. Carry and be prepared to make use of a non lethal self defense weapon equivalent to pepper spray, a stun gun or a kubotan.
There’s never a guarantee that following the following tips will keep you from harm. But one thing is of course –not following them will put you at greater risk of being a victim.