While convenience foods serve the aim of being well, convenient, they will not be the healthiest option for anyone. Convenience foods are sometimes filled with added sodium, sugar, and artificial ingredients. Convenience foods may pack in a healthy dose of refined carbohydrates throwing your blood sugar out of whack.
Listed here are the highest convenience foods that raise your blood sugar…
1. Frozen Dinners. Frozen dinners are notorious for holding tons of added sodium, not to say additives. It’s best to skip these and make as much of your food as you’ll be able to. In the event you are short on time, try tossing together a salad with lots of vegetables and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
2. Soda and Juice. Each soda and juice are loaded with sugar! So do not be fooled about food regimen soda. Weight loss program soda incorporates artificial sweeteners that are just as harmful as refined sugar. Skip the soda and fruit juice, and select plain sparkling water sweetened with a splash of fresh lemon or lime juice.
3. Granola Bars. While often regarded as healthy snack decisions, granola bars can contain as much added sugar as a candy bar! If granola bars are your go-to snack, then you’ll want to read the nutrition label, and skip anything that lists sugar as certainly one of the primary ingredients. Try sticking to a granola bar that is of course sweetened with ingredients equivalent to dried fruit, raw honey, or pure maple syrup.
4. Flavored Yogurt. While a convenient breakfast or snack alternative, flavored yogurts are heavy on the sugar. The excellent news is you’ll be able to still enjoy yogurt; select full-fat unsweetened Greek yogurt and sweeten it yourself with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
5. Protein Shakes. While not all protein shakes are unhealthy, many protein powders contain added sugar and artificial ingredients. Added unhealthy ingredients will be hard on the digestive system, can trigger inflammation, and may cause blood sugar imbalances. In the event you do wish to enjoy a protein shake as a convenient snack, attempt to persist with a protein powder free from added ingredients: protein powder equivalent to collagen protein, or hemp protein.
While convenience foods could make eating on the go easy, they will not be all healthy and might result in a bunch of issues with regards to balancing blood sugar levels. Skip the foods on this list, and select certainly one of the next healthier convenient food options…
- a bit of fruit with a handful of nuts,
- full-fat unsweetened yogurt with fruit,
- a bowl of overnight oats, or
- avocado toast.