This TQM article provides tricks to hold an efficient meeting for team members of their TQM Improvement Project. It’s a practical approach that collated from TQM projects undertaken by me.
To make sure effectiveness of a gathering for TQM improvement project, there are plenty of considerations that can help team leader to run meeting easily and productively. Due consideration ought to be given to before the meeting, In starting of meeting, in the course of the meeting and In ending the meeting. Detail are described below:-
Before the meeting
- Determine the agenda (objectives) of the meeting
- Plan easy methods to accomplish your objectives
- Resolve regular team members and who else can be invited to the meeting
- Determine where the meeting can be held
- Resolve the date and time of the meeting
- Send out meeting notice and agenda
- Make arrangement for room arrange and equipment for use
- Come to the meeting room early (half-hour) to establish the room and test all equipment.
In Starting of the meeting
- Start on time ( wait for max 5 minutes )
- Review and ensure agenda
- Make the cut-off dates clear
- Review motion items from the previous meeting, if any.
Through the Meeting
- Be sure that the group stays focused on the agenda and issue discussed
- Be prepared to vary tools if it doesn’t work well
In ending the meeting
- Establish motion items and assign person responsible
- Summarize the meeting session and set the date, place and objectives for the subsequent meeting
- Evaluate the meeting ( by you or group )
- Ending the meeting with positive note and on time
- Put the room back to order
- Prepare the minutes
- Follow up on motion items and plan fastidiously for the subsequent meeting
Disclaimer: This text is written by the creator based on his practical application experience. All definitions and interpretation of terminology are his standpoint and has it has no intention to conflict with experts in similar topic. The creator holds no responsibility for the usage of this text in any way.
Free to reprint or re-publish: All rights reserved. You’re free to reprint or re-publish this text so long as you include my resource box at the top of this text. Please be sure that the URL within the resource box remain intact and it’s linked to the creator’s website.