Silat is Malay’s martial art. The fighting techniques in silat are originated from the art of war. It is taken into account as the perfect self defense moves either one on one or in group attack. The silat exponent is often known as ‘pesilat’ and the silat guru is often known as ‘cikgu’. The guru will teach the exponent within the silat ring often known as ‘gelanggang’. Often the guru will teach all of the secrets fighting techniques within the ring.
There are various fighting techniques you can learn in silat. Nonetheless, there are seven self defense moves that you’ll want to master with a purpose to be best fighter either within the ring or on the road. These aren’t complicated techniques but you’ll want to train on a regular basis with a purpose to master the techniques. The guru will help to develop your fighting skills particularly if he finds something unique in your personality and behavior.
The seven fighting techniques in silat are;
1. Punching. The straight-punch and uppercut are the perfect techniques in silat. When you hit your opponent with any of the 2 punches to the proper place, he or she will die immediately. Exercises reminiscent of push-up and grip strength exercise can develop your punching strikes.
2. Kicking. The concept the upper the higher just isn’t relevant to silat. You should develop your kicking technique to right goal to destroy your enemy. You may train this using the kicking goal and punching bag. The front-kick is the perfect kick because the ability of the kick is directly delivered to your opponent.
3. Elbow. The unique strike in silat that copied by kick boxing and plenty of other martial arts. Often, this method is used once you attempt to confuse your opponent together with your body movements.
4. Sweeping. This system is utilized in silat olahraga. Not many other martial arts competition uses this of their match. You need to use this method to topple down your enemy. The impact of the improper landing technique from sweeping technique can lead your enemy to coma.
5. Catching. That is the reply to any self defense that likes to make use of kick as their most important movements. Often the catching technique will followed with topple down or strike that may hurt your opponent badly.
6. Locking. Most locking techniques in silat will find yourself with breaking the bones of the opponent particularly if she or he still tends to fight with you. That is the right technique in close combat fighting either with or without weapon.
7. Counter attack. This system can also be often known as ‘potong’. Counter attack is used when your opponent catch your strike either with hand or leg. Normally, in weaponry system your opponent will die immediately or badly injured because of the effectiveness of the technique. That is the perfect skill to beat any martial arts that emphasizes on catching and locking techniques.
These seven self defense techniques are very powerful in street fighting. You need to never use any of those killing techniques unless desperate. Thus, it will be significant to do not forget that these fighting techniques are for self defense. Remember, the good silat exponent is the one with good heart.