Everyone desires to feel secure whether at home, in your automobile, or simply out going about your enterprise. Unfortunately there may come a time when you might want to have some technique of self-defense, some solution to protect yourself, your property or your loved ones. Should you’ve spent any time testing various kinds of self defense weapons and training you’ve got little question seen stores and websites offering every thing from pistols and shotguns to pepper sprays and courses in martial arts. If none of those standard methods appeals to you though, here a number of other suggestions (some serious, some not so serious):
- As an alternative of pepper spray, use a can of wasp and hornet spray. It’s easily available and has an efficient range of as much as 20 feet, in comparison with six to eight feet for many pepper spray products.
- Gloves with steel shot sewn into the knuckles. They appear harmless but work like a blackjack and can be found from a pair of various vendors via the web. You can even find baseball caps which are similar, with steel shot sewn into the cap itself — unsure how comfortable that might be to wear though.
- A can of WD-40 and a butane lighter make a pleasant miniature flame thrower. Collateral damage may very well be an issue nevertheless.
- The sharpened fringe of one in every of your bank cards could make a reasonably efficient (and innocent-looking) weapon for slashing someone at close range.
- How a few wrist-braced slingshot and a bag of golf balls or ball bearings. It takes a great deal of practice to turn out to be proficient but it may possibly do some serious damage should you use a great quality slingshot and may actually hit your goal.
- A hockey stick has various benefits by way of self-defense. It makes a superb weapon for slashing at something or someone and it doesn’t look particularly misplaced should you’re carrying one around outside.
- For home defense, a big dog or two is a wonderful selection. And should you haven’t got or don’t need to have a big dog, a continuous loop tape or cd of dogs barking can work too.
- Kevlar gloves can provide some protection against a knife attack.
- Some experts recommend biting – not a standard bite, but something more on the order of a pit bull type bite, preferably on an ear or finger.
- One in all the “unbreakable” umbrellas on the market on the web offers a solution to keep an attacker at a distance; and should you’ve ever seen commuters jockeying for position within the London Underground, you may appreciate using the umbrella as an offensive weapon.
- Should you need a firearm for self-defense, you may take a have a look at the Palm Pistol. It is a single-shot.38 caliber pistol that matches within the palm of your hand. It’s specially designed for seniors or the disabled who’ve limited physical dexterity and is fired with the thumb as an alternative of your index finger. And it has been classified as a “medical device” by the FDA.
- Should you’re really intent on avoiding any confrontation, you may try leaving some money or valuables on a table near your door or window and hope that anyone breaking in will simply “take the cash and run.”
Hopefully these suggestions will give you some latest options for self-defense. And should you’re really into home defense you may take a tip from an Army ranger I heard about. He rigged his porchlight in order that should you flipped the sunshine switch up the porch light got here on; should you flipped the switch down it set off a small explosive charge — good enough to discourage someone intent on breaking the front door down. In any case take a while to take into consideration self-defense — you never know when the moment may come while you’ll have to have some solution to protect yourself.