50 Tips for Dealing With Stress
1. No one is perfect. If you expect to do everything right all the time, you’re destined to feel stressed when things don’t go as expected.
2. Improve your time management so you don’t feel stressed. Break up tasks into small chunks.
3. Keep stress at bay by facing all situations with confidence and a positive attitude.
4. Save time and banish stress by focusing and concentrating, delegating, and scheduling time for yourself. Outsource whenever possible.
5. Manage your commitments by not over- or under-committing. Don’t commit to what is not important to you.
6. Manage your stress, or it could cost you a lot of money and possibly even your life.
7. Get a pet to reduce stress. The unconditional love of a dog or cat helps you get through tough days.
8. “Never hurry and never worry.”― E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
9. A person with a calm and well-balanced life will not perceive threat easily, while a person who is frazzled certainly will.
10. Enjoy moderate, pleasurable exercise like biking or swimming for easy stress-busting pleasure.
11. Take a mini vacation. Spend the day in your town’s downtown and pretend you are a tourist.
12. Need to release some stress? Shoot some hoops with some local kids.
13. Stressed? Write a poem, a song, a short story or begin that novel. Just let the words flow.
14. Had a stressful week? Treat yourself to something pampering like a manicure or new hairstyle.
15. “Sometimes we can focus so much on nothing that we make it a big something of nothing” ― Ricky Maye, An Emerging Spirituality
16. Buy yourself or someone else flowers. The smell and beauty of flowers helps calm our senses.
17. When you are stressed, think about others who are suffering from more serious problems than you.
18. Practice mindfulness to banish stress. Being mindful means you are observing your thoughts without judging them as good or bad.
19. Talk to yourself. Close your eyes and repeat positive affirmations. Tell yourself over and over what you want to believe to be true.
20. Get support in your life from family, friends, and your community to help you deal with stress.
21. Keep a stress journal to find out how you cope with stress.
22. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.” ―Charlie Chaplin
23. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. The less obligations/stuff/priorities you have, the less you have to stress about.
24. Get help. If your stress is more than you can handle, find a professional to help you through it.
25. The pharmaceuticals for stress can have potential unwanted side effects. Be sure you know what they are.
26. Create your own essential oil blends to help you soothe stressed senses.
27. Set a time aside each day to relax. It’s ok to give yourself a break.
28. Never drink alcohol, eat or shop to relieve stress. These habits can lead to more stress later.
29. “There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” ―Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
30. Try to build good relationships with those you work with and live with.
31. Learn to be a good listener. Helping others with their stressful problems can help you find peace.
32. Laugh, laugh, and laugh with everybody, including yourself. Laughter keeps stress at bay.
33. Have someone else clean your house if it’s one task that’s causing stress.
34. Be in love. Be in love with your life, your family, whatever makes you happy. Being happy helps banish stress.
35. If you are tensed, count down from 100 to 1. Take slow, deep breaths while counting.
36. Get your finances in order to be less stressed. Do whatever is necessary to get rid of debt.
37. “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.” ―Sylvia Plath
38. Limit the amount of caffeine you have each day to keep from feeling too stressed.
39. Change how you communicate to lessen the stress in your relationships. Think before blurting.
40. Learn to trust others, especially those you love. Not trusting can lead to strain on your relationships.
41. Have entertainment ready for your kids when you travel with them. No more stress from their whining about being bored.
42. Stress can take a toll on your body, leading to headaches, high blood pressure, weight issues, aches, insomnia and more.
43. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” ―Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
44. Find ways to embrace peacefulness, happiness and confidence into your life.
45. Keep stress at bay by facing all situations with confidence and a positive attitude.
46. Muscles tense from stress or work. Take a minute to stretch like a cat.
47. Create calm surroundings. Paint your room colors that soothe you. Decorate with what you love.
48. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ―Charles M. Shultz
49. Clean, de-clutter and organize your tasks in order of priority to stay a few steps ahead of stress.
50. Don’t be a people pleaser. Trying to please everyone all the time can be draining and stressful